The Lemosho route is considered the most scenic trail on Kilimanjaro, granting panoramic vistas on various sides of the mountain. As one of the newer routes, Lemosho is a superb choice for your climb. It is our preferred route due to its ideal balance of low crowds, beautiful scenery, and a high summit success rate. Tanzania Horizon Safaris specializes in guiding the Lemosho route. Most of our clients climb Kilimanjaro using this route and they consistently report that they loved it. Thus, Lemosho is highly recommended.
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge. The Lemosho route crosses the entire Shira Plateau from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. Crowds are low until the route joins the Machame route near Lava Tower. Then the route traverses underneath Kilimanjaro’s Southern Ice Field on a path known as the Southern Circuit before summiting from Barafu. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
Tanzania Horizon Safaris offers Lemosho as an eight-day group climb or as a seven to eight-day private climb. The seven-day variation combines days five and six, going from Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp without staying at Karanga. A nine-day variation that includes an overnight at Crater Camp is available as a private climb by special request.
Machame Route 6 Days 5 Night
Marangu Route 6 Days 5 Night
Lemosho Route 7 Days 6 Night
Rongai Route 7 Days 6 Night
Included in Price Package
• Private transport to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi.
• 2 nights of accommodation in Moshi.
• Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate
• Park entry fees,
• Camping fees
• Team Kilimanjaro Rescue fees
• Mountain tents
• Sleeping Mats
• Professional mountain guides, cook and porters
• Constant health checkups during your climb
• 3 hot meals daily while on the mountain
• Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
• Hot water for washing
• Fair wages for the mountain crew
• Government taxes
• Emergency first-aid kit
• 18% VAT on tour fees & services
– Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel before and after climb.
– Travel insurance
– Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for extra charges $ 80 for the entire trek.
– Laundry (Available at hotel)
– Personal items and toiletries
– Tips for guides, porters and cook